We are different. We are not the traditional tech start up out there. We come with decades of experience in the field and have a group of world-class software engineers and architects that together have worked out groundbreaking tools and solutions for customers around the world.
What we do:
Pratexo means “edge” in latin and that is exactly what we do: Pratexo is an intelligent edge computing and distributed cloud platform, which dramatically accelerates the time to design, test, and provision the architectures required for next-generation applications for AI, IoT, and Industry 4.0. Check out our website: pratexo.com
Our mission: To democratize data and unlock the full potential of edge and distributed cloud solutions
Our vision: Transforming the world in real time to solve society’s biggest challenges
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who has experience with working in open source environment with focus on distributed compute solutions. You have a strong understanding of concepts and solutions such as: Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka and non-SQL databases.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Install and configure deployment tools, such as Kubernetes, MicroK8s in on-premise environments
- Setup and integrate open source packages and applications, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Kafka, GlusterFS
- Setup and administer Pratexo’s collaboration, CI/CD and development environment
- Provide expertise, setup and test improvements to our toolset for DevOps automation spanning from the cloud down to the edge
- Work in ad-hoc teams assembled to solve various problems for customers or our internal platform
Requirements to apply:
- 10+ years of experience from building and deploying software solutions
- Strong understanding of deployment vehicles such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins
- Experience from working with Kubernetes, CI/CD, Open Source components, distributed database and file systems, LAN and WLAN security and administration.
- Desire to learn and grow
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English with the ability to effectively collaborate with customers, management and engineering
- Cloud/distributed cloud/edge computing experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills in Swedish
Academic background: PhD, Master, or BS in Computer Science
Type of position: Full time
Locations: US, Sweden, or also the possibility to work remotely for the right candidate
How to apply: Send your resume and why you should be considered for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your application e-mail write “Senior DevOps Engineer”.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com